Sunday, April 22, 2012

Becoming the Fairy Goth Mother

With a gaggle of adult urban family I've always been dubbed "The Fairy Goth Mother" by an army of lost ducklings I have found and loved.

This time my friend Rachel made me a Fairy Goth Mother for real; bestowing the title of Godmother on me for her daughter Lorelei.


What a cutie she is!

Recently we held a secular Naming Day ceremony, with plenty of friends and family to wish her well in the world. 


For my part in the ceremony I did a reading of "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr Seuss, a fitting and sweet story of the ups and downs in life just perfect for a new life going into the world. 


Of course being our friends this also meant about 3 tonne of food including a lot of cupcakes. It was a lovely day to begin the journey of a lovely girl. 

Thanks to Rachel and James for allowing me to have this role in their family, I hope I live up to the task. 





No comments:

Post a Comment